Tinubu has accused Atiku of lying in his recent interview on Arise TV. This is according to a report by “Daily Post“. Tinubu analyses the main opposition party’s candidate interview which was organized by Arise TV on Friday.
Naija News 247 recalls that the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in an interview with Arise TV, spoke about the state of the nation which he will be tackling if elected to power in the forthcoming election.
In the interview, Atiku said the APC candidate once begged him to use him as running mate in the year 2007 when he got the ACN presidential ticket and he declined him because they are of the same faith and not ready to play a Muslim-Muslim ticket.
He said this was the beginning of the dispute between him and the APC candidate to date.
However, in his response to Atiku’s statements in the interview, the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said the interview was full of lies and he never begged to be Atiku’s running mate in any previous years as claimed by his PDP counterpart.
This was according to a statement issued on Saturday by the Director of Media and Communication, Tinubu Campaign Organisation, Mr Bayo Onanuga, he said all the responses by the PDP candidate to the interview questions implied that Atiku is not prepared for the task to lead the country.
The statements further pointed out about six (6) areas where the PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar allegedly lied and they are listed below.
- Atiku said, there is no law stopping public officers from doing business in Nigeria, which is not true. The 5th Schedule of Part 1, Section 2b of the 1999 Constitution contradicts the claim. The rules only allow a public officer to engage in farming.
- Poor Knowledge of key sectors of the economy.
- False Data from Egypt, concerning the numbers of police officers Atiku claimed they have. He claimed that Egypt has 2 million police officers watching over 80 Million people, whereas they have 500,000 police over a population of 104 million.
- Rotational Presidency claimed by Atiku was not respected by him, as he is not supposed to contest in his party since the current president is from his region.
- Atiku Abubakar told an incorrect history, claiming that the popular American leader, Abraham Lincoln, contested the office of the presidency up to six times before he emerged the winner. In the correct data, Lincoln contested only two times and won both.
- Political Credentials