Connect with us

News

Babajide Sanwo-Olu: Lagos constructing 1.2km drainage diversion

Published

 

on

Babajide Sanwo-Olu: Lagos constructing 1.2km drainage diversion

Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State on Wednesday said the state government is constructing a new 1.2 kilometer drainage diversion in the Ilubirin area of the state.

Sanwo-Olu made this known while addressing newsmen after the inspection of some projects on the Island, which included Tapa/Oke-popo Adeniji-Adele Road construction, the new Massey Children Hospital, and the renovation of General Hospital, Odan and the laying of three high-capacity pumps at Ilubirin drainage site.

He said with the 1.2 kilometers drainage diversion, the issue of flooding at Lagos Island would soon be permanently resolved.

The governor who was accompanied by some executive members on a four-hour inspection around the facilities said that with the level of work done so far, the contractors were working as scheduled.

”We are constructing a new one-kilometre or 1.2 kilometre diversion in front of the Olubirin Housing Estate that will take a big body of water onto the Lagos lagoon and we are expecting three high capacity pumps that I am told will be arriving next month.

”So the bed for the drainage is what we saw and the construction is ongoing, to be able to receive the main pumps when they do arrive.
”What that means is that issues around flooding and drainage issues can be completely resolved in Lagos Island,” he said.

  NAPTIP: We’ve no holding facilities for victims in Anambra

At the General Hospital, Odan which is the oldest in the state, Sanwo-Olu said that the renovations were being done in phases, adding that when completed the hospital would allow more patients.

He also said that the other general hospitals would henceforth be infused with doctors’ quarters, as the one available at the General Hospital, Odan.

”Just to also mention that for the new hospitals we are building, we are trying to also infuse them with doctors’ quarters.

”We are building one in General Hospital, Gbagada, we are also building another one in General Hospital, Isolo, to be able to accommodate, give residence to doctors and some of our other health practitioners. So we are building a brand new hospital in Ojo that will also have doctors’ quarters,” the governor said.

  Muhammadu Buhari celebrates Akintola Williams at 103

He said that in the last three years, the government had been creative in carrying out extensive renovations in phases in the general hospital, Idan.

Sanwo-Olu said the first phase of renovation was the Accident & Emergency ward, the Surgical & Emergency, the training room, including the one that a Foundation built for the hospital, which would be for medical tourism.

”The second phase is the pharmacy, the catering and some other parts. I think what we are seeing now is the third phase, which has a high clinic, the admin building, the ambulance bay, the patient’s waiting area and some of the wards, children’s ward, surgical – male and female.

”We are going to another phase which will be the fourth phase, even in this last phase, the pathology department is there, and so there are still going to be a few demolitions that will happen in here, to be able to receive additional patients,” he said.

According to him, the assessment of the reconstruction of Tapa/Oke-popo and Adeniji-Adele Road in Lagos Island shows about 60 to 65 per cent work done, as the contractor has assured completion by end of 2022.

  NMA urges FG to withdraw suit against striking doctors

On the construction of the New Messey Children Hospital, he said that the building of the nine-storey car park had started, and was on the third floor.

”However, the main hospital construction for the Massey Children Hospital, all the 547 piling caps have been completed and the contractor has moved to site, and they have assured us that they will work even doubly hard to keep up with the terms of the projects,” Sanwo-Olu said.

I've been a freelance web developer and blogger for a while now and have a passion for both. Like most men, I'm a football lover; I prefer playing to watching matches.Personally, I believe with dedication there's no limit to what we can achieve. Yes, we all have the power and ability to do that.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Metro

Rally: Court orders Peter Obi’s supporters not to converge at Lekki toll gate

Published

 

on

Police nab two hired to kill 85-year-old man

Metro News Happening In Nigeria Today

The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the Labour Party and its supporters not to converge at the Lekki toll gate for its #Obidatti23 Forward Ever Rally billed to hold on the 1st of October, 2020.

The court also directed the Inspector General of Police and the Lagos State Police Commissioner to ensure compliance with the order.

Please go to for breaking news, videos, and the latest top stories in Nigeria & world news, business, politics, sports and pop culture.

Justice Daniel Osiagor made these orders today while ruling on a motion for injunction brought by 10 plaintiffs, who are asking the court to, among others, restrain the LP, its presidential candidate Peter Obi, his vice Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, one Julius Abure and their loyalists from holding the rally.

  NAPTIP: We’ve no holding facilities for victims in Anambra

The court also held that the while the rally cannot stop at the Lekki toll gate, it can pass through the venue to access Falomo Bridge and other venues at which the rally plans to meet.

A preliminary objection filed by the defendants seeking to stop the court from hearing the motion on the grounds that it lacked jurisdiction could however not been entertained as all parties to the suit had not been served.

The court adjourned hearing of the substantive suit to Nov 4th.

In the suit, 10 plaintiffs through their Romeo Ese Michael, Esq. are asking the court to, among others, restrain the LP, its presidential candidate Peter Obi, his vice Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, one Julius Abure and their loyalists from holding the rally, until the hearing and determination of their Motion-On-Notice of September 12, 2022.

  Muhammadu Buhari celebrates Akintola Williams at 103

Please go to https://e. to discover lesser-known facts that matter to you including those that shape the world, and find out how you are connected.

The plaintiffs are Adedotun Ajulo Esq., Salamatu Suleiman Lewi Esq., Hakeem Ijaduola, Esq., Ogunbona Akinpelu Esq., Owolabi K. Oluwasegun, Esq., Mogbojuri Kayode Esq., Wuyep Mantim Nadom Esq., Dimimu Mabel, Esq., Kolawole Salami, Esq. and Mr. Wale Abe Lawrence.

The 1st to 10th defendants are Obi, LP, Baba-Ahmed, Abure, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Commissioner of Police (Lagos State Command), Director-General (Department of State Services), Lekki Concession Company (LCC) Limited, Attorney-General of Lagos State and The Governor of Lagos State.

In the substantive suit, the plaintiffs are arguing among other things that a repeat or celebration of the “infamous” EndSARS protest of 2020 under the political guise of “#Obidatti23 Forward Ever Rally” will cause a breakdown of peace and will result in post-traumatic stress disorder for them and the public.

Continue Reading

News

Lagos exam board fixes date for BECE re-sit

Published

 

on

Lagos exam board fixes date for BECE re sit

Naija News Today

The Lagos State Examinations Board has fixed October 6, 2022, as the new date for the 2022 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) resit.

This is contained in a statement signed by Mr. Orunsolu Adebayo, Director, Lagos State Examinations Board, on Wednesday in Lagos.

Please go to for breaking news, videos, and the latest top stories in Nigeria & world news, business, politics, sports and pop culture.

  NAPTIP: We’ve no holding facilities for victims in Anambra

Earlier scheduled for Sept. 28, the examination has been postponed to the new date, according to the statement.

It, however, said that the resit would still take place in various designated centres across the state.

The statement said that the postponement became necessary to accommodate schools that had yet to register their candidates for the resit examination.

Please go to https://e. to discover lesser-known facts that matter to you including those that shape the world, and find out how you are connected.

  Muhammadu Buhari celebrates Akintola Williams at 103

“The Board does not wish to deny the affected candidates the opportunity to take the examination,” it added.

It urged concerned principals to take note of the news and make the best use of the extended date to ensure that all affected candidates were duly carried along.

Continue Reading

News

Minister: Nigerian government decimating terrorists, bandits

Published

 

on

2023: Anambra bans campaign posters in public places

Naija News Today

Nigeria is witnessing a progressive decimation of terrorists and insurgents in order to secure the country, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said

The Minister made the remarks in Calabar at a joint press conference with Cross River State Governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, during a ceremony to mark the 2022 World Tourism Day.

He said infrastructure and adequate security are necessary for tourism to thrive.

“I am bold to say here that in the last three months, even our worst critics will agree that the government has gotten the handle on security issues. In the area of insecurity, I want to assure you that the worst is over,” Alhaji Mohammed said.

  NAPTIP: We’ve no holding facilities for victims in Anambra

He said when the situation in the country in 2015 is compared with what obtains in 2022, there is incontrovertible evidence to support the government’s position that the worst is over.

“It’s unfortunate that people who comment on insecurity fail to start from where we were in 2015 and where we are today.

“In 2015, the entire North East of the country was a no-go area. When I was appointed Minister in 2015, one of the first tasks I embarked upon was to go with a team of foreign and local journalists to the North East, in particular to Maiduguri, Kaure, Konduga and Bama, to see firsthand the effect of Boko Haram insurgency

  Muhammadu Buhari celebrates Akintola Williams at 103

“That’s on 5th December 2015 and I needed air force jets to escort me from Maiduguri to Bama, which is about 68 kilometers. Apart from our convoy, we didn’t see any other vehicular traffic on the road. All the houses in Bama were destroyed by Boko Haram. There were no schools in the North East and no hospitals. Telecom services were destroyed,” the Minister said.

He said at the moment, the North East is once again accessible because of the government’s efforts.

On the economy, Alhaji Mohammed said the activities of vandals in the Niger Delta is causing the government to lose about 700,000 barrels of crude oil per day, thereby denying the government huge revenue and foreign exchange.

  NMA urges FG to withdraw suit against striking doctors

He however expressed delight that the renewed deployment of technology and the synergy between government security forces and private security companies have achieved success in the fight against oil bunkering.

Continue Reading

Latest Posts

Police nab two hired to kill 85-year-old man Police nab two hired to kill 85-year-old man
MetroSeptember 28, 2022

Rally: Court orders Peter Obi’s supporters not to converge at Lekki toll gate

Metro News Happening In Nigeria Today The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the Labour Party and its...

Brazil condemns banana attack on Richarlison in Paris during Tunisia match - Brazil condemns banana attack on Richarlison in Paris during Tunisia match -
All Sports NewsSeptember 28, 2022

Brazil condemns banana attack on Richarlison in Paris during Tunisia match –

Brazilian head coach Tite and ex international, Juninho Paulista ​have condemned the racist attack on Richarlison in Paris, during the...

Lagos exam board fixes date for BECE re sit Lagos exam board fixes date for BECE re sit
NewsSeptember 28, 2022

Lagos exam board fixes date for BECE re-sit

Naija News Today The Lagos State Examinations Board has fixed October 6, 2022, as the new date for the 2022...

2023: Anambra bans campaign posters in public places 2023: Anambra bans campaign posters in public places
NewsSeptember 28, 2022

Minister: Nigerian government decimating terrorists, bandits

Naija News Today Nigeria is witnessing a progressive decimation of terrorists and insurgents in order to secure the country, the...

Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
PoliticsSeptember 28, 2022

Campaigning in churches, mosques illegal, Ajulo warns

Kayode Ajulo, a constitutional lawyer has warned Nigerian politicians and political parties against disobeying the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022...

INEC deleting double registrants from voter register – Mahmood INEC deleting double registrants from voter register – Mahmood
PoliticsSeptember 28, 2022

All 18 presidential candidates face litigations

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has revealed that all 18 presidential candidates on the final list released by the...

UNILORIN undergraduate emerges second in national entrepreneurship competition UNILORIN undergraduate emerges second in national entrepreneurship competition
NewsSeptember 28, 2022

UNILORIN undergraduate emerges second in national entrepreneurship competition

Naija News Today A 300 level student of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Michael Lawal, has emerged as the first...

Police nab two hired to kill 85-year-old man Police nab two hired to kill 85-year-old man
MetroSeptember 28, 2022

NCC arrests suspected pirate – Xtra News

Metro News Happening In Nigeria Today Operatives of the Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC) have arrested a suspected broadcast pirate, Mr....

Doyin rolls out criteria for choosing men Doyin rolls out criteria for choosing men
Big Brother NaijaSeptember 28, 2022

Doyin rolls out criteria for choosing men

Recently evicted Big Brother Naija housemate, Doyin David has listed out her criteria for making her choice in men. In...

NAHCON Hajj pilgrims enjoyed 410 accommodation rebate others NAHCON Hajj pilgrims enjoyed 410 accommodation rebate others
NewsSeptember 28, 2022

NAHCON: Hajj pilgrims enjoyed $410 accommodation rebate, others

Naija News Today The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, has said pilgrims enjoyed a $410 reduction in accommodation fare...

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Naija News 247 - Breaking Nigeria Newspaper News For Today